THE CAMPION SCHOOL
11-18 Boys' RC Comprehensive VA School
Wingletye Lane, Hornchurch, RM11 3BX
Telephone: 01708 452332
Fax: 01708 456995
Senior Fitness Instructor Permanent Part-Time
Hours: 15-30 hours a week, 52 weeks per year, with a degree of flexibility
Grade: Scale APTC 2/3
Salary Range: £20,835- £21,981 FTE. (£11.10 - £11.71 ph)
Start: Required for May 2019
We currently have a vacancy within 3BX for a Senior Fitness Instructor.
3BX Fitness is a fitness suite operating within the campion school grounds that offers access to the gym, swimming pool, fitness classes and personal training at affordable prices to the school and local community. It is a nonprofit company that helps raise money to support and develop various aspects of the campion school. The school is situated just within the M25
The position includes working up to 30 hours a week, 52 weeks per year, with a degree of flexibility including some cover of week-end shifts as required. The successful candidate will also be required to take various fitness classes and workshops The senior instructor will work with the fitness manger and school to continue the successful development of the facility. Main Responsibilities will include:
- gym supervision and member care
- fitness assessments and one to one inductions
- sales and Reception
- teach classes and workshops
- assist the Manager with overall maintenance, safeguarding, health and safety
- some supervision of the pool as required
We are looking for:
- Gym Instructor - Level 2 minimum or equivalent
- Excellent customer care skills and a flexible approach
- Minimum of one year’s experience in a similar role
- Experience of teaching exercise classes to a high standard
- Ability to work as member of a team or alone as a key holder, opening and closing facility or building
- Ambition to gain Personal Trainer Qualifications
- CPD – continuous progressive development
We can offer:
- A friendly, community based working environment
- A supportive, collaborative work team.
- Continuing professional development
- Opportunities to make an active contribution to the future development of the gym
Please apply on line. Closing date: Friday, 26th April 2019
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all.
Havering Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The protection of our students from abuse is the responsibility of all staff within our school, superseding any other considerations.
Havering Schools comply with the Department for Education ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ (September 2018) guidance and all potential employees will undergo vigorous vetting checks to ensure their suitability.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake a satisfactory disclosure. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from obtaining a position with the Council